Sunday, May 3, 2009

An Ending, A New Beginning II

"Oh, the baby just kicked."
Immediately, you place your hand over the expanded waistline just to wait for the baby to kick again.

That was how I reacted when Andreas told me yesterday what he saw.
I just had to see it for myself - if it happened again.
And it did.

***

I sit again in my living room, the TV on, and my eyes occasionally glancing outside at my Japanese bamboo.
And then, it happened - just as Andreas described...

One bird attaches itself under the nest, now twice the size of the first one which had fallen during the wind storm.
Its partner flies into the living room, hovering at the height of the nest, looking through the glass panel.
A series of loud calls, and the bird at the nest weights itself downwards, swinging like it's doing a reverse bungy, testing if this second nest is stronger than the first.
The calls continue.
Then, the bird in the living room flies outside.
Both birds rest on separate branches.
They seem satisfied.

My guess is, soon, there will be an egg in the nest: >

No comments: